Returning safely to learning during COVID-19
By September 2021 the Health Service Executive (HSE) expects that most adults in Ireland will have been vaccinated, and can look forward to safely returning to their course and ‘on-site’ learning activities, in person and face to face. This include new learners for 2021.
Our safety is everyone’s concern and shared responsibility. The education organisation or institution you will be attending this autumn will be carrying out a range of activities to make sure you are safe. To find out more about what your specific course and classes will be like, you should contact the course coordinator and/or organisation.
- You can find contact details for Community Education Organisations here.
- For more information on returning to a course in Further Education and Training you can contact your local Education and Training Board. For contact details Click Here
Click Here to see A framework for preparing FET learner inductions on the Education and Training Boards Ireland website. Below are a few specific details on what learners can expect when returning to their FET course:
- You will be asked to wear a face covering during your time inside the building and surrounding areas.
- You may be asked to sign-in each day.
- You may be asked to have your temperature taken when you arrive.
Find out what's available near you
These health and safety measures may feel strange and could be a bit overwhelming at a time when you’re already nervous on your first day. But this will get easier. Remember, the staff and other learners will all be there to support you. Before you know it, you’ll be enjoying your course and these things will feel like small precautions you’ll get used to for making sure you and your classmates are safer.
The Union of Students in Ireland (USI) have a number of resources for those returning to Higher Education Institutions this autumn. This information includes
- Essential Advice for your health
- Essential Advice for your studies
- Advice from each institution
- Click here to find out more
Government public health advice
The return to on-site learning activity will take place within public health guidelines to ensure your safety.
Public health guidance will change as progress is made with the rollout of the national vaccination programme.
For more details about this guidance and to see how adult learning organisations and educational institutions are planning for a safe return to on-site learning activities Click Here.
To read the Government’s plan for a safe return to on-site further and higher education in 2021 to 2022 click here.
Resources and more information
AONTAS COVID Resource Hub
For more information on