Skip to content

I need help to find additional supports

If you are returning to education but you need extra support check with your local Education and Training Board to find out what options are available to you.


If you are taking part in a FET course you may be eligible for financial assistance with childcare. Childcare support schemes are available in Tusla registered childcare services, including registered childminders. For more information on affordable childcare and a list of contacts for your local City or County Childcare Committee visit


If you live in a rural area and need transport to get to and from a centre check with Local Link which offers public transport services in local and rural areas of Ireland. Visit for contact details of your nearest Local Link or Rural Transport Group.

Supports for people who have recently migrated to Ireland

The EPIC programme is for people who have recently made Ireland their home and would like to find employment or training opportunites. It provides pre-employment training, One-to-One support and opportunities for work experience. The EPIC programme is particularly beneficial for those from non-EU states and refugees.

Call 01 874 3840 or click here.

Support for people with disabilities

AHEAD (Association for Higher Education Access and Disability) provides:

  • DisAbility Access interactive map including information on college applications and preparing for college life.
    Call 01 714396 or visit

  • AHEAD also provide The WAM (Willing Able Mentoring) programme offers graduates with disabilities the chance to take up mentored work placements in companies.
    Call 01 716 8844 or visit

  • The National Learning Network offer flexible training programmes and support for people who need specialist support.
    Call 1890 283 000 or visit


The Dyslexia Association of Ireland (DAI) has a useful website where you can read or listen to information on services for people affected by dyslexia.

Call 01 877 6001 or visit

Mental Health

The National Learning Network (NLN) provides a range of flexible training programmes and support services for people who need specialist support (job seekers, unemployed, people with an illness or disability) in 50 centres around the country, all of which include work experience, offer nationally recognised qualifications including QQI, ECDL, and City and Guilds ensuring that students are ready to get a job or go on to further education.

Call 1890283000 or visit

One Parent Families

One Family offers supports to one parent families with a wide range of financial supports including accredited courses and a career clinic.

Call 01 662 9212 or visit

Older People

Age Action provides:

  • One-to-one training on computers, tablets and smartphones to people over the age of 55

  • Supports University of the 3rd Age (U3A) groups with developing their own learning programmes.

Call 01 4756989 or visit

Welfare Rights

The Irish National Organisation of the Unemployed (INOU) provides information on social welfare rights and welfare to work information to those who are unemployed.

Call 01 856 0088 or visit

Employment Support Services

Intreo offers a single point of contact for all employment and income supports for people who are unemployed. There are conditions attached to keeping certain social welfare payments while taking up courses which you need to be aware of. You can also contact your local Adult Education Guidance and Information Service for more information. 


Back to top