Community education is adult learning that takes place in local community settings across the country. Listen to learners from Warrenmount Community Education Centre in Dublin, Longford Women’s Link in Longford, and Misfits Drama Group in Limerick talk about their positive experience of returning to learning.
What is Community Education?
- offers part-time courses for all adults
- takes place in an informal and friendly setting
- can provide a positive first step back to education
- offers accredited courses generally at Level 2-5 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ)
- also offers non-accredited courses to learn a new skill, meet new people or to develop confidence
Jake Gilligan from Misfits Drama Group shares his experience of community education and how it's allowed him to meet new people while doing something he loves
Dace Crauce from Longford Women's Link shares her experience of community education and how it’s helped to improve her confidence
Lisa Greene and Emily Murphy-Smyth from Warrenmount Community Education Centre shares their experience of community education and how everybody is welcomed and everyone is there to help each other