One Step Up is a free information and referral service managed by AONTAS, the National Adult Learning Organisation as part of the ‘Increasing Pathways, Increasing Participation’ 2017-2019 project for the European Agenda for Adult Learning (EAAL).
One Step Up signposts thousands of people in Ireland every year towards accessing their education and training options by freely providing information about where to look for
- funding supports
- contact details for various services
- and much more to support you to find your learning pathway.
AONTAS is a membership organisation which includes almost 400 providers, practitioners, and learners in the adult and community education sector and has been working to support adult learners for over 50 years. AONTAS provides information to adults thinking of returning to education, promotes adult learning through the Adult Learners’ Festival, and carries out research on adult and community education in Ireland.
One Step Up is supported by the Project Advisory Group (PAG) which includes a diverse representation of stakeholders across the education sector. This includes:
- Maynooth University
- Teachers Union of Ireland
- University of Limerick (International Division)
- Dublin City University
- Open University
- Skills for Work
- National Adult Literacy Agency
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI)
- Kilkenny and Carlow ETB
- Education and Training Boards Ireland
- Department of Education and Skills
- An Cosán Virtual Community College
- South Dublin Chamber of Commerce